-Vincent Van Gogh

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
~Vincent Van Gogh

Sunday, December 25

The Art of Progression

So back in 2007 I picked up a pencil and sat down to draw a portrait of Santa around Christmastime. Back then (sadly enough) I was very proud of my end result. Today, at 16 I am a little more critical of myself which, paired with my lessons and practice, has helped me transform from where I was back then. I am thankful I have my early work to remind myself of where I started and how much further I can go.
 
Age 11-12 
No shading or shadows and it looks like he's picking his nose!


Age 13
Moving in the right direction.

Age 16
Improvement over the last two? Still LOTS of room for improvement!

Now, I still have a long way to go and I look forward to the progression in years to come.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: